The Arcane Dragonry

19th August 2016

Looking alive

Last time I published a post, I had the core structure ready for the horns and the skin, and that’s exactly what I’ve done today. I safely wrapped the shield in plastic and tape and proceeded to cut strips of fabric and dip them in PVA glue. For the neck plates I used tightly-woven fabric that likes to stay rigid, and for the rest of the skin I used a more gauze-like kind of cotton. It formed bubbles, which made it all the more awesome, since this dragon is very lumpy, and also it’s going to be covered in clay scales that will smooth out the surface and hide imperfections. I also covered the ear membranes with fabric, as well as part of the back of the neck.

I could still see the red markings I made in my last post marking where the horns would go, so I  cut the base to adjust to the angle and glued them with hot glue. Now all there is is adding the clay bits, the fabric scales, nostrils and paint (he’s going to be black and red)… stay tuned for updates on the progress!

20160402053551

20160402053559

20160402053832

Save

An old steel dragon hailing from another plane. She's been living among humans for a while now, learning about them and using her artistic talent to make recreations of relevant draconic figures from her homeland. Her aim is to teach humans about her kin and learn about them in return.

Comments

Be the first to comment.

Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>