First of all, apologies for the lack of proper white balance on the pictures below. Yes, you will notice. Sooo, anyway, down below you’ll be able to see the dried “fake” chin (it’s very rigid now), and also the glue on the hair strips dried up. It feels very secure now and they’re not losing hairs anymore, so I went ahead and gave all of the strips a good combing. To dye the hair I just used very diluted acrylics and a hard brush. The trick is to dye them in the front and then the back. If you don’t dye both sides, chances are there will be bits of hair that will stay white here and there. It’s very important to dilute the paint quite a lot too, if it’s too concentrated, the hair will just stick together. If this happens to you, don’t worry, just give it a quick rinse with warm water under the tap and remove the excess paint. It should be alright when it dries!
Above (on the left) you can see what the hair looked like when it dried. On the right is what it looked like after combing it. And finally, below you can see all of the hair I prepared dried and brushed. So silky and smooth! I made some locks a bit yellower than others. I’m glad it’s still noticeable after drying. I think it will make for a cool effect when put together in layers! I guess we will see.
An old steel dragon hailing from another plane. She's been living among humans for a while now, learning about them and using her artistic talent to make recreations of relevant draconic figures from her homeland. Her aim is to teach humans about her kin and learn about them in return.