Danorethos is done! I am overall pleased with the results, although I still disagree with the bumpiness and the angles of the horns, but hey, a commission is a commission! I managed to get a better camera, but even with that, these photos don’t do Danorethos justice. The scales are black, but the skin underneath has a whole range of tones that go from vermillion to very dark sienna that, sadly, are not appreciated in the pictures.
The process was pretty similar to Kaltakess. The main difference laid in the horns, mouth and scales. For this one, I used Fimo for all of the horns instead of cloth (you can see the details in the previous post). Also, the mouth was shut, so I didn’t need to do the inside of the mouth -which made it all the quicker-, but I had to get very creative in order to add the teeth and paint afterwards.
Anyway, I hope you all like Danorethos and feel free to leave a comment with your opinion if you wish.
Tadaaaa! These are pictures of the final product under proper lighting. As you can see, I changed my mind about the orange facial spots and I re-painted them grey. I black washed the whole thing, applied highlights with a dry brush, and gave it a thin coat of protective oil-based varnish that won’t mess up the acrylic paint. Sorry for the blurriness of some of the pictures, but you get the idea! I hope you like the results, and as usual, feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts on it!